Follow Graham on Twitter

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Haiku on Junk/ Knock/ Laugh

Junk

The old junk wallowed
Red, green and gold paint peeling
The tide had not turned

The old junk yard dog
Wandering through detritus
Chasing off the rats

Threw out some old shirts
One had a junk monogram
Saw it yesterday

Knock

A knock at the door
I've come to read your meter
So glad you are here

It was a small knock
Not much more than a caress
Her vase went flying

The termite catcher
Knock, knock, knock on skirting boards
Boring in my brain

Laugh

I asked the question
Her braying laugh made me cringe
Question retracted

At the billabong
Moonless nights you hear him laugh
That jolly swagman

This is me laughing
A little half heartedly
Could not get the joke


Nine laughs Ha, Hee, Ho
Giggle, Chuckle, Snorting, Roar
Titter, Splutter, Burst

No comments:

Post a Comment